Adopt a Pet in Shelby County Ohio
All adoptions must be approved by the Shelby County Animal Shelter Staff. When inquiring about adoption you will be required to complete an application and provide one of the following:
* If you own your home you will need to supply the first page of your homeowners insurance policy known as the Declarations Page.
* If you rent you will be required to supply a copy of your lease or a letter from your landlord allowing for the pet being adopted.
Shelby County Animal Shelter Current Adoption Fee's
- Puppy $44.00 includes DHPP, Bordetella, and current tag
- Dog $44.00 includes DHPP, Bordetella, and current tag
- Dogs $100.00 if spayed or neutered by shelter, includes shots and current tag
- Cat/Kitten $44.00 if spayed or neutered by shelter, includes shots
- Cat/Kitten $15 not spayed or neutered